For this week’s “Beers with …” we headed over to Cambridge, resisted the urge to hit up Emma’s Pizza, and drank a couple of Brooklyn Lagers with Bessemer Venture Partners partner Kent Bennett. Among the companies in Bennett’s portfolio are some big wins for the VC firm including Endeca, which was acquired by Oracle; Vertica, which Hewlett Packard acquired; online soccer portal Goal.com, which was acquired by Perform Group; as well as BroadSoft and Millennial Media, which both went public. Bennett was also involved in Bessemer’s investments in Hadapt, Infinio Systems, InsightSquared, Netuitive, and the recently buzzed about subscription food startup Blue Apron, among others. As always, huge thanks to the New England Venture Capital Association and Directr for helping put the “Beers with…” series together.
Beers with … Bessemer Venture Partners’ Kent Bennett
Get BetaBoston by Email
- As domestic abuse goes digital, shelters turn to counter-surveillance with Tor
- MIT Media Lab's Kevin Hu wants to turn the invisible visible
- Intelligent Video system analyzes facial expressions in real time
- Database startup Hadapt sheds about 25 percent of staff
- DraftKings raises $41 million, acquires Cambridge competitor StarStreet