Charles River Ventures, a venture firm with a local office in Cambridge, has disclosed raising $393 million for its 16th fund (in a filing today with the US Securities and Exchange Commission). Though a Boston-founded firm, CRV’s Silicon Valley office has become an increasing focus; Yammer, Twitter, and Zendesk have been among the firm’s West Coast investments. But the firm has done plenty of notable deals in Boston in recent years as well, including HubSpot, Rethink Robotics, SimpliVity, and Fiksu. The new fund follows CRV’s $375 million, 15th fund, which closed in early 2012.
Get BetaBoston by Email
- MassChallenge leaders Akhil Nigam, Karl Büttner resigning
- Crowdfunding vs. VC seed rounds: Which makes sense?
- After 100 years, this Dorchester prosthetics firm is still on the cutting edge
- Airbnb picks up Pencil, Cambridge startup that built scheduling app
- Digital business card startup Inigo launches analytics platform