Charles River Ventures, a venture firm with a local office in Cambridge, has disclosed raising $393 million for its 16th fund (in a filing today with the US Securities and Exchange Commission). Though a Boston-founded firm, CRV’s Silicon Valley office has become an increasing focus; Yammer, Twitter, and Zendesk have been among the firm’s West Coast investments. But the firm has done plenty of notable deals in Boston in recent years as well, including HubSpot, Rethink Robotics, SimpliVity, and Fiksu. The new fund follows CRV’s $375 million, 15th fund, which closed in early 2012.
Get BetaBoston by Email
- Meet the woman who connects MIT's software smarties with their futures
- Virgin Pulse links with Apple's HealthKit, could serve as hub for other apps to do so as well
- A robotic doctor, MIT eyeball health tracker are Nokia Sensing XChallenge finalists
- Here comes Market Basket grocery delivery in Boston, via Instacart
- Threatened by GamerGate, Brianna Wu says she fears for her life but won't back down