Charles River Ventures, a venture firm with a local office in Cambridge, has disclosed raising $393 million for its 16th fund (in a filing today with the US Securities and Exchange Commission). Though a Boston-founded firm, CRV’s Silicon Valley office has become an increasing focus; Yammer, Twitter, and Zendesk have been among the firm’s West Coast investments. But the firm has done plenty of notable deals in Boston in recent years as well, including HubSpot, Rethink Robotics, SimpliVity, and Fiksu. The new fund follows CRV’s $375 million, 15th fund, which closed in early 2012.
Get BetaBoston by Email
- Mars or bust! Elon Musk talks Star Trek and space colonies at MIT
- How to succeed as a woman entrepreneur: Advice from Boston's women leaders
- Threatened by GamerGate, Brianna Wu says she fears for her life but won't back down
- A robotic doctor, MIT eyeball health tracker are Nokia Sensing XChallenge finalists
- iRobot founder Helen Greiner on drones, the FAA, and how to succeed in business without really flying