Charles River Ventures, a venture firm with a local office in Cambridge, has disclosed raising $393 million for its 16th fund (in a filing today with the US Securities and Exchange Commission). Though a Boston-founded firm, CRV’s Silicon Valley office has become an increasing focus; Yammer, Twitter, and Zendesk have been among the firm’s West Coast investments. But the firm has done plenty of notable deals in Boston in recent years as well, including HubSpot, Rethink Robotics, SimpliVity, and Fiksu. The new fund follows CRV’s $375 million, 15th fund, which closed in early 2012.
Get BetaBoston by Email
- Would you pay $100 to order a plow on demand? I did. It was worth it.
- MobileSuites app wants to make hotel stays more convenient
- Super Bowl special: Uber and BeMyDD offer discounts to prevent drunken driving
- The City of Boston's 'SnowCOP' is the brains behind the plows
- SpaceFinder launches in Massachusetts to help artists find unconventional venues