Charles River Ventures, a venture firm with a local office in Cambridge, has disclosed raising $393 million for its 16th fund (in a filing today with the US Securities and Exchange Commission). Though a Boston-founded firm, CRV’s Silicon Valley office has become an increasing focus; Yammer, Twitter, and Zendesk have been among the firm’s West Coast investments. But the firm has done plenty of notable deals in Boston in recent years as well, including HubSpot, Rethink Robotics, SimpliVity, and Fiksu. The new fund follows CRV’s $375 million, 15th fund, which closed in early 2012.
Get BetaBoston by Email
- Tim Ferriss imparts entrepreneurial wisdom at Boston's Burke High School
- 'Social robot' startup Jibo attracts new investors, preps for product launch
- Mayor Menino transformed the Innovation District, see how it has changed
- As domestic abuse goes digital, shelters turn to counter-surveillance with Tor
- MassChallenge celebrates innovation, Deval Patrick's influence in tech community