Charles River Ventures, a venture firm with a local office in Cambridge, has disclosed raising $393 million for its 16th fund (in a filing today with the US Securities and Exchange Commission). Though a Boston-founded firm, CRV’s Silicon Valley office has become an increasing focus; Yammer, Twitter, and Zendesk have been among the firm’s West Coast investments. But the firm has done plenty of notable deals in Boston in recent years as well, including HubSpot, Rethink Robotics, SimpliVity, and Fiksu. The new fund follows CRV’s $375 million, 15th fund, which closed in early 2012.
Get BetaBoston by Email
- First look: Test-riding a prototype electric bike wheel from GeoOrbital
- IPO window shuts for two Massachusetts biotech companies
- Golden age of hardware startups?
- Google's quiet partner on cancer-detection project: Mass.-based Entrega
- My pre-Black Friday spending spree with LoopPay's mobile wallet device